On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im>wrote:

> On 10/29/13 8:03 AM, Spencer MacDonald wrote:
> > Yeah, thats what I have done without the jingle exception (I use
> > SIP for VoIP).
>
> I'd be curious to hear what you think about this document about
> guidelines for dual-stack SIP/XMPP clients:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax/
>
> It's been approved for publication as an RFC, but if there's something
> horribly wrong in there I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I had a brief look previously but il give it another once over :)

> > I think a simple buffer protocol would do, with a way of clients
> > specifying what type of packets (like SIFT) which would cause a
> > server flush... but due to the limitations on iOS that would
> > probably only be Jingle.
>
> Is there something in SIFT that doesn't meet the requirements? For
> instance, does it need to say that filtered / intercepted stanzas are
> indeed buffered?

Thats correct, compared to SIFT I want:

- All stanzas to be buffered by the server
- On receiving an "allowed" element the server should flush its buffer upto
and including that stanza, opposed to just letting that stanza through.

Spencer