On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Kurt Zeilenga <kurt.zeile...@isode.com> wrote:
> I don’t think it’s appropriate to add Carbons to core when it seems that
> there’s not consensus that it’s the best solution for any problem the
> majority of XMPP IM/MUC deployments are facing.

I'm not entirely sure that experimental XEPs should be core either, on
the other hand, the community (people actually running servers) seem
to have decided that it's core without any help from us. There are
lots and lots of servers out there running carbons, and it seems to
solve the problem it was designed to solve quite well (even if there
are other possible, or even better, solutions).

On the other hand, I really don't like the idea of an experimental XEP
being recommended by the XSF as a core feature (that sends a mixed
message in my mind). Maybe we should wait on some sort of concensus to
form on the advancement thread I started before thinking about carbons
and instead focus on other XEPs that may be good candidates for
recommendation here?

—Sam

--
Sam Whited