On 23.03.2017 14:31, Georg Lukas wrote:
> * Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu> [2017-03-23 14:25]:
>> It is the same feature request for PubSub/PEP. For example when using
>> OMEMO you always want to subscribe-and-maybe-create the devicelist node.
>
> I can see how an UPSERT operation is useful …

This is really like an UPSERT, but that is my second feature request
where I actually wrote already an ProtoXEP for

http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-cap/xep-cap.html

It is simply CAS for PubSub/PEP, to avoid races when updating nodes.
While working on OMEMO, we saw that this may be an useful server
feature. Note sure if MIX would benefit form it to (e.g., when updating
the channel topic).

I'd probably will submit it soon to council.

- Florian