> To me, such a statement makes it sound like 'the OMEMO community' is not
> open to wider standardization if it means it requires changes that aren't
> proposed by them. This would be sad.

I'm sorry. This wasn't meant as a statement against all changes. There
have been many changes in the past and I'm sure there will be even
more changes as OMEMO continues to be developed.
It's just that I personally don't believe that the missing XEdDSA code
is something that is preventing wider deployment. Sam already went
forward and created a XEdDSA PoC implementation. And I believe anyone
capable of creating an ODR library from scratch (and has the means to
audit it) can do the same.
It's the belief that XEdDSA is not actually a problem that makes the
entire debate so tiresome for me.
It's probably time for me to quit this debate since this will only
trigger me to say more mean things. I'm sorry.

- Daniel