> From: Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com>
> I can understand that argument, but I think a lot of people want to have the
> currently deployed thing-that-isn’t-OMEMO (OMEMO-siacs) in XEP-0384. I’d
> rather it was documented in a different XEP too, but putting it in 384 is
> part of the compromise.

Easy solution (I am genius): You just make XEP-0384 OMEMO-NEXT, call it MARLEEN
and put OMEMO-siacs in a new XEP-0??? and call it OMEMO. This might confuse
some (very few) XMPP developers, but then you can have the XEP 384 for
OMEMO-NEXT. As XEP-OMEMO never was used in any implementation, there should be
very few links to 384 anyway. This will have OMEMO-siacs be what is undertood
by users under the name OMEMO, allows to update the new OMEMO XEP (e.g.
introduce ODR) not confuse users because the name is used for different
encryption schemes and still give you XEP 384 to do changes to OMEMO (that
won't be deployed in months, but hey, at least you got the XEP number).
Not sure how the OMEMO devs think about this solution, but it's a great
compromise right (and shows how absurd all of this discussion is).