> From: Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com>
> I can understand that argument, but I think a lot of people want to have the
> currently deployed thing-that-isn’t-OMEMO (OMEMO-siacs) in XEP-0384. I’d
> rather it was documented in a different XEP too, but putting it in 384 is
> part of the compromise.

1. A lot of people don't give a f*** on what is in XEP-384, those people are
called users and they build the large majority of the XMPP network.
2. I think we should adapt to the fact that the thing-that-isn’t-OMEMO is what
most users (again the majority) recognize as OMEMO. Maybe we should start
calling it OMEMO and the-thing-that-is-in-the-XEP-but-nobody-cares shall be
XEP-OMEMO? OMEMO did exist before it was a XEP so obviously OMEMO is not solely
defined by what is in the XEP.

Ignat.