> On 7 Jun 2017, at 22:15, Ignat Gavrilov <ignat.gavri...@mailfence.com> wrote:
>
> Before anyone (including me) gets outrageous here, I wonder what this
> compromise is exactly:
>
> a) The OMEMO-siacs is put into the/a XEP and all future standardizing work is
> put into OMEMO-NEXT (not using XEdDSA) which will then become the next
> version of the XEP (maybe in years).

This, but...

> There won't be any work or updates on XEdDSA-based OMEMO.

Isn’t guaranteed. It just means that development of the standard continues in
the same XEP, whatever that development is.

This is (for the benefit of anyone participating in the list just to discuss
OMEMO (I think there are some) and who hasn’t been involved in the more general
standards process here) our standard way of working - we publish an
Experimental XEP (for which the bar is very low, because we expect changes),
gather feedback from the community, build consensus or compromise as necessary,
make changes to the XEP and rinse/repeat, generally a number of times,
sometimes over several years.

/K