On 12 September 2017 at 09:35, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:14:38 -0500
> Sam Whited <s...@samwhited.com> wrote:
>
>> That sounds good to me, I'll see if I can't prepare an update to do
>> that. Since the blocking command is draft I'm not sure that it's
>> possible.
>
> There is a problem, because we need to bump XEP-0191's namespace
> (there is no <report/> element defined within current namespace).

I don't think so. We're just adding an element, so it could be done
with just a new disco feature, I think.

> Ah, and another issue against wrapping: <report/> could be handled
> separately by an external entity, see XEP-0355.
>
> Having all that, given that some folks also suggest handling it
> separately I think we shouldn't wrap.

My mind isn't made up on this, but I'm inclined toward not wrapping it
in '191. It's not clear to me that blocking and spam reporting are
inherently interlinked. In particular, my reporting a spammer might
result in another user having those messages blocked, while I might
equally block a jid for some non-spammy reason.

FWIW, I've never bothered blocking any spammers, because it looks like
they always use a throwaway address anyway.

Dave.