On Dienstag, 12. September 2017 12:05:27 CEST Evgeny Khramtsov wrote:
> Tue, 12 Sep 2017 10:02:26 +0100
>
> Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> > I don't think so. We're just adding an element, so it could be done
> > with just a new disco feature, I think.
>
> Hum, am I missed something? Strict xmpp entities could not allow
> elements not defined in schema, no?

You are wrong, I think. RFC 6120, Section 11.4 Validation:

> Clients are advised not to rely on the ability to send data that does not
> conform to the schemas, and SHOULD ignore any non-conformant elements or
> attributes on the incoming XML stream.

"schemas" in there refers to the RFC 6120 schemas, but I think this
generalizes nicely. That is the whole point of extensibility.

(Also, XML Schemas in XEPs are non-normative anyways from my understanding.
Possibly for this exact reason.)

kind regards,
Jonas