* Georg Lukas <ge...@op-co.de> [2018-11-13 18:29]:
> §3 point 2 should probably be changed from
>
> | Stanza ID generating entities, which encounter a <stanza-id/> element
> | where the 'by' attribute matches the 'by' attribute they would otherwise
> | set, MUST delete that element even if they are not adding their own
> | stanza ID.

> | Entities which receive a stanza with a <stanza-id/> element
> | where the 'by' attribute matches the entiy's own JID, MUST delete that
> | element even if they are not adding their own stanza ID.

I guess the former wording was chosen deliberately to avoid the
ambiguity about who exactly the "entities wich receive a stanza" might
be.  §3, point 7 says: "For one-on-one messages the assigning entity is
the account.  In groupchats the assigning entity is the room."  With
your wording, readers might assume the entity is the server itself.

For the same reason, I don't really like the wording in §2.1:

| In order to create a <stanza-id/> extension element, the creating XMPP
| entity generates and sets the value of the 'id' attribute, and puts its
| own XMPP address as value of the 'by' attribute.

> Obviously this can only be supported by entities that understand the
> XEP, but otherwise a server might just pass on malicious stanza-id
> elements from a client or remote entity.

Right, recipients can of course only rely on this behavior after
checking for stanza ID support.

Holger