On 20 Oct 2018, at 12:51, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) <jo...@wielicki.name>
wrote:

> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on
> XEP-0359.
>
> Title: Unique and Stable Stanza IDs
> Abstract:
> This specification describes unique and stable IDs for messages.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2018-11-03.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send
> your feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

Sadly, probably, possibly.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
> and requirements?

There’s no requirements section, and the introduction doesn’t describe any
problems, so … yes?

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not,
> why not?

In some contexts.

As Georg has said elsewhere, the stripping rules should be stronger, and
routing entity that understands 359 should advertise that and strip faked
payloads.

3.6 is a bit odd. Prohibiting extensibility here seems unnecessary to me.
3.7’s note that JIDs are normalised is confusing - partly because 6211 is
obsoleted by 7622, but also because it’s not clear if it’s saying the ‘by’ must
be pre-normalised, or just that normalisation rules apply to comparisons.

/K