On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 20:54 Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> Looks like a problem worth solving, but note below.
>
> I'd prefer - non blockingly - the following:
>
> * A click element. I feel that having an id and a click is superior given
> the ambiguity of a text string.

An earlier draft had a <click> element, however it was dropped. Not
entirely sure who convinced me but here's Matthew Wild:
> reason for <body> is simply that the buttons are meant to be
> optionally-rendered convenience things
>
> i.e. they would always have a text equivalent for non-button clients or
> people who like typing
>
> at which point having two ways on the wire to perform the same action is
> pretty pointless

Anyways, if clicking a button sends an exact string given on the button
then there should be no ambiguity?

> * The examples should be changed to include a Big Red Button. I think the
> worthwhile gag would be funnier this way.

Yes!

> Blocking:
>
> * How does this relate, if at all, to Forms?

Not. This simple ProtoXEP grew out of an Informat ProtoXEP draft I
started on about doing this with dataforms, for which there exists
precedent already, eg:
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#requestvoice

The general feedback I got about this was that it was ugly complicated
overkill.

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 09:18:43PM +0000, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Some things:
>
> - other clients (chatbots) cannot discover capability to show buttons, nor
> provide alternate text in case buttons are supported.

You provide the alternate text in the `<body>` element.

> - how does this interact with XHTML-IM or its replacement(s)?

Not.

--
Regards,
Kim "Zash" Alvefur