On 2020/04/07, Andrzej Wojcik wrote:

> > However, can we please stop with JSON encoding in XML "because it's
> > smaller". That claim is not true i all cases (not even most) and also
> > not in your specific case:
>
> [..]
>
> And representation may be smaller in XML unless someone will use characters
> which
> need to be escaped or until someone will put XMLNS on top of this element.

"xmlns" is not just some random keyword people add because they fancy
it. It's a namespace declaration and namespaces are not reserved to XML.

Any JSON payload could also be namespaced with some fancy rules that
people would come up with, and surprise! they did! [0]

Sorry I'm also tired of hearing JSON this JSON that supported by all
these biased and unfair comparisons..

[0]: https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/

--
Maxime “pep” Buquet