On 28.01.2021 09:28, Sam Whited wrote:
If we're streaming any of this for public consumption please let's also
stream it on YouTube. We need to meet people where they're at, and for
video streaming that's YouTube. We can of course do PeerTube too if
people want that, but most of the public are on YouTube.

—Sam

I agree on this. Afaik Jitsi-Meet is able to stream to YouTube so the people who are participating in the talk could join the Jitsi-Meet room and the audiance watch via YouTube.

In a recent training at my company we also had a good experience with muting all participants except the hosts and writing questions in the chat. One host who was not busy with the presentation was monitoring the chat, collecting questions and forwarding them to the presenter when it was suitable. Worked pretty good for us, maybe we could have a similar procedure with Jitsi-Meet, YouTube-Streaming and a MUC.

Best regards,
Martin