-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 3:25 PM
To: james hughes
Cc: Curtis Anderson; Jack Cole; james hughes; james hughes;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; SISWG
Subject: Re: PAR Extension P1619

Dear Jim:

If you expect to complete the document by the end of July and submit it
to RevCom, you don't need the extension request.

You may want to discuss this with Curtis Anderson and with Mike Kipness,
your staff liaison, before proceeding with your request.

Best regards,

Jodi Haasz
Program Manager
International Stds Programs and Governance Standards Activities Phone +1
732 562 6367 FAX +1 732 875 0695
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             james hughes

             <Jim.P.Hughes@

             Sun.COM>
                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             01/09/2006
cc
             01:53 PM               james hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

                                    Curtis Anderson

                                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED], james hughes

                                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED], SISWG

                                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jack Cole

                                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject
                                    Re: PAR Extension P1619

Dear Ms Haasz:

Please accept the following PAR extension request. Please feel free to
contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Jim Hughes
Chair P1619

On Jan 6, 2006, at 11:34 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear Mr. Anderson:
>
> This letter is to advise you that the project listed below will expire

> at the end of 2006 and action will be required.
>
> P1619 - Standard Architecture for Encrypted Shared Storage Media
>
> If the project will not be submitted to RevCom in time for the
> December
> 2006 meeting, you have the following options:
>
> 1. Request an extension for the project.  The Target Extension Request

> Form can be found at http://standards.ieee.org/guides/par/
> extension.rtf.  Please
> note that this extension request can now be from one to four years.
>
> 2. Request withdrawal of the project.
>
> Please advise me in writing of the action that should be taken.  This
> information will be placed on the agenda of the next scheduled NesCom
> meeting (based upon the date I receive the request), and NesCom will
> make its recommendation based upon the information provided.
>
> If there is no response to this letter by 16 October 2006, the project

> will be recommended for administrative withdrawal at the 6 December
> 2006 IEEE-SA Standards Board meeting.
>
> If you should have any questions, please contact me at 732-562-6367 or

> by e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Best regards,
>

> Jodi Haasz
> Program Manager
> International Stds Programs and Governance Standards Activities Phone
> +1 732 562 6367 FAX +1 732 875 0695
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(See attached file: P1619extention.rtf)