Unfortunately I could not attend the last meeting, but my understanding
of the decision there was that no more changes to the draft will be made
before it is sent to IEEE. Was I wrong? (As far as I understand, the
IEEE process does allow more changes to the document before the vote
but these changes are not really something that comes from the working
group.)

[...] I can only
repeat, what I have said several times: the current proposal is useless
for the overwhelming majority of secure storage applications. I thought
it was a damn good reason for changing the draft.

I strongly disagree (and frankly I don't really believe that even Laszlo
thinks that).  It is very clear to me that satisfactory access-control
can be added to systems that use LRW in "overwhelming majority" of
storage applications.

-- Shai