On May 1, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Matt Ball wrote:

All,

I just looked on the SISWG webpage, and it looks like there is a "Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies" in Maryland between May 15-18. Since Jim Hughes is on the committee, I suspect he won't be available during that week. We may need to wait until the following week (May 22-26) to find a timeslot, unless we can rush a meeting together for this Thursday (May 4th).

Does anyone know what the progress is for the P1619 document?

The document is in for editorial review. We will be putting together a ballot committee.

Is there anything else to talk about with P1619 besides submitting LRW to NIST?

Submitting it to NIST and talking about the Seagate proposal (Submitting a PAR for that mode).

I'll try to have P1619.1-D6 ready by this weekend, but if we _really_ needed it, I might be able to finish it by Wednesday night for a Thursday meeting.

I would suggest Monday or Tuesday May 22 or 23.

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
Frm: Fabio Maino
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 3:50 PM
To: Matt Ball
Subject: Re: Next P1619/1619.1 Meeting

Matt,
last meeting minutes say that we were planning for May 4th, but if
you're going to have the doc ready buy mid may, it might make sense to
reschedule.

The 15th and the 19th won't work for me, but the other days in the week
you mention would.

Fabio

Matt Ball wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I thought there was talk about maybe having a meeting around May 5th. Considering that nothing is setup yet, I suspect that's a little soon. The week of May 8th-12th is during the T10 meeting in San Jose, so I suspect people will be busy during that time. Should we try for a day sometime between May 15th and May 19th?

I could produce the P1619.1-D6 Draft before that meeting, and we could go over those details then.

Does anyone know the progress of the P1619 document we submitted to IEEE? I thought we wanted to have the next meeting shortly after that. If that's still a ways off, I'd like to have still have a P1619.1 meeting so that we can continue with that standard.

Speaking of T10, I'm planning to be in San Jose on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe we could take an hour or so to talk a little about 1619/1619.1 then. Thoughts?

-Matt