My 2 cent for the discussion:

I really like and appreciate the simple design of the homepage. But it
could be better structured and there could be more documentation and
more detail in the documentation.
I have lots of experience in developing web applications in PHP and I
have a lot of experience in developing desktop applications in Java and
I recently started to develop web applications in Java. And I quickly
came to problems that I could not find any documention about (for
example the one mentioned in the thread "Autopopulating forms with
values from... where?" or "Bind nested values to abstract class").

The good thing though is that I got some high quality help from the
framework developers on this list and on IRC. I fear that this won't be
possible anymore if the community grows too big ;-).
(I am still having some problems with hibernate I seem to be incapable
of finding an active community that I can address questions to. Hints
appreciated.)

I am still too new to developing with stripes to assess the
"completeness" of stripes in detail, but I can tell that I like the
slimness and extensibility of stripes and I like that the most important
stuff does not need more than one jar file and that I don't need a
complicated setup and I don't need to setup maven for ridiculous small
projects. Other frameworks need that even for a hello world.
Anyway I think in the future it is important to stay up to date
concerning technology:
- How can the project benefit from new features in new java versions?
- What effect have new technologies like html 5 on the framework?

Thomas