Eclipse has an emacs key bindings setting so you can use those commands if you like. In the upcoming version it supports user defined key bindings so you could use vi commands or anything else.

David

From: Eddie Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why are people are up on Struts
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:48:10 -0600

micael wrote:

Anyone who calls vim "vi" is simply not in a position to judge it. Anyway, I do understand the initial ease of a GUI. I like the speed you get after spending a half-hour to an hour learning something like vim. I hate moving a mouse around and would rather do it with my fingers that are already on the keyboard.

Micael
The executable on my system is still called "vi" :-) ... so I feel I'm justified in calling it "vi" ;-O I too see a place for the IDEs - powering a plugin to enable UML-ing things is one feature that I'm finding attractive. I need to get back to trying Eclipse soon -- and that oomoogoo plugin for UML (no that's not the exact name - the one at elcipseuml.org). Plus ... refactorings etc - there are a few reasons to like an IDE - I don't view straight coding as one of them though ;-O

--
Eddie Bush