Unfortunately, it's not that simple with the Struts tags. Many of the tags
extend a base class which defines a number of common attributes. However,
just because the code for an attribute is available does *not* mean that it
should be exposed for every tag that extends the base class.

A case in point is the HTML taglib. Which attributes are exposed for a
particular tag is dependent upon the HTML 4.01 spec. In the implementation,
it is very convenient to have several base classes which cover the large
majority of attributes. However, there are some tags which extend the base
classes, but which do not expose all of the attributes, so that they conform
to the spec.

Now, if we could get XDoclet to handle that... ;-)

--
Martin Cooper