I would argue (mildly) that the design is a bit wrong if the base class
attributes are hidden from subclass tags (although I just did something
similar, didn't I? :), but either way its not a big deal since Struts
already has a system in place to generate docs and TLD's, although its
separate from the source.  I think the source is the right place for
docs and metadata for taglibs, hence my affection for XDoclet in this
case :)

        Erik