From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 12:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: LabelTag

I think your suggestion on having one struts tag that emits any input type
(like the html spec) is very flawed.  Consider how huge that one tag would
be if it knew how to output text, textarea, radio, checkbox, submit, and
password fields.  Each of the struts input tags have features unique to them

and deserve to be separate.

Also, the struts tags need attributes for html AND beans, properties, etc.
That's why you see attributes like styleClass instead of class.

Who cares how many tld entries there are?  This is a non-issue, especially
in servlet 2.3 where you don't ever have to see the tlds.

Even without 2.3, it's trivial to put struts-*.tld files in your /WEB-INF
directory.

David