"Mark Abbott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Is it usual in Struts for a release candidate to come
> out with the final dependency versions for community testing,
> or will these be put in place for the final release only?

There isn't a "usual" way. ;-) With the Struts 1.0.x releases, there wasn't
a dependency on the Commons packages, as we have now, because everything was
in the Struts code base. It was only after 1.0 that things like BeanUtils,
Digester, etc. were split out from Struts to create new Commons packages.

That said, we haven't discussed the question you are asking for Struts 1.1.
My take on it would be that an RC2 build would include released versions of
those packages that have all of the functionality we need, but nightlies of
those that we still need updates for. It's not clear whether or not we would
have an additional RC build beyond that, just to pick up released versions
of all of our dependencies.

--
Martin Cooper