(hope this does not detract from more important issues)

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/struts-faces

To the extent that this implies Struts _should_ integrate to Sun JSF, I do not like it.

This is quite different than JSTL, which was an Apache License.
Maybe there should be integrations posted in cvs apache to Expresso, ScioWorks (they integrate more to Struts), lots of Vendor IDE and J2EE servers have integration to Struts; maybe their integration jar’s should be posted on non Apache domain, lots of software on sf.net has Apache license.

Craig as original author of Struts, deservers lots of latitude in what he does.

I still don’t like it. If there is a president I am unaware of, I withdraw my objection.

.V

ps: I have personal belief that JSF hype will be followed by search for the guilty, punishment of the innocent and praise for non participant. My preference is Apache Struts takes no part of Sun JSF.