Isn't JSF just another spec like Servlets and JSP?...

Any vendor can make a JSP impl based on the spec, so they should also be able
to make a JSF impl. Struts-Faces allows Struts to play with any compliant JSF
implementation. If it doesn't we get to go Craig-bashing. :)

Struts plays with Servlet/JSP, it now plays with Servlet/JSP & JSF.

But don't worry, as soon as there's a real sniff of vendor lock-in happening,
there'll be more than a few people up in arms.

Arron.

BTW: I have iPlanet WebServer 4, and App Servers 2 & 6 on my resume from two
separate organisations.  ;)

iPlanet Web Server 4 was THE java web server. Times change.
AppLogic components on the old netscape app server (Kiva)?... oh yeah!