On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:48:13 -0600
> From: David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Status check?
>
> It makes more sense to me to *not* tag the commons files with Struts.  The
> commons doesn't need to be notified every time Struts cuts a release.  The
> commons jars contain version information in their manifests so it would be
> very easy to recreate an old Struts build by looking there.

I think tagging made lots of sense during our beta period, when we were
grabbing arbitrary nightly builds of the commons libraries.  However, for
this release our release notes should be really explicit about what
versions we included -- each of which is already tagged as a release in
the commons CVS, so it shouldn't be an issue.