I don't believe this is correct.  I think it actually is the COMPILER that can cause a
compatibility issue.  There is an article over at Java World that details this
problem.  The first example makes it clear.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaqa/2003-05/02-qa-0523-version.html?

---
- Nayan Hajratwala
- Chikli Consulting LLC