Martin Cooper wrote:
> Now, about the Struts 1.1 RC2 release. The problem is the staging
> needed to get FileUpload out the door. It's currently at Beta 1, and
> the code base in CVS has some methods that have been deprecated since
> Beta 1. The deprecated methods need to be removed before 1.0 Final,
> which means that we need a Beta 2 to publicise the deprecations. Then
> they can be removed in an RC1, shortly to be followed (hopefully) by
> 1.0 Final.

So, Martin, just to confirm, if you can squeak out a FileUpload Beta 2 this weekend, I can then cut RC2 with that, if you like.

I'm going to release the struts-generic package first thing in the morning, and move the nightly build dependencies over to that, so we can then just plug in the latest FileUpload.

IMHO, you might consider taking FileUpload straight to RC1. It's unreleased software and API changes are to be expected. If this were FU 2.0, and you were removing something that was in FU 1.0's established API, it would be different. But greater latitude as to API changes should be given to unreleased, pre-1.0 packages.

If you were to go to FileUpload RC1, then perhaps Struts and FileUpload can then go to final together.