--- Dave Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Absolutely, there is interest.
>
> Being able to specify requests parameters without
> needing to create a map would be a wonderful thing.
> Every developer that I have introduced to Struts
> requests this very same thing.
>
> Instead of instructing developers to use a non-standard
> map creation tag (as Martin suggested), or introducing a
> JSTL dependency (as David suggested), why not make this
> minor enhancement and make the existing <html:link> tag
> easier to use?

Because this is already provided by the *standard* taglib and Struts
should be focused on providing things the standard doesn't.  Struts
already has mechanisms to construct urls with parameters.  Extending the
standard tags to support Struts features is *much* more worthwhile than
duplicating the standard tags.

David