All development discussions do happen on this list. If anyone following the thread wants to reduce the discussions to another format, including a Wiki page, they can. But I think most people are used to using the DEV list.

I do try to get the broad stokes up onto the Roadmap page, whenever I can carve out some free time.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/status.html

Of course, as it stands, we're talking about using Servlet 2.4/Portlet 1.0 (or whatever) for 2.x, but these specifications have not been finalized.

In practice, discussions don't move progress along much. They just serve to give some one an itch to punch out some code, as happened with month with the Commons Chain proposal.

I think there are a lot of ways we can move Struts 1.x along, especially if you look at the sweeping internal changes between Struts 1.0 and 1.1.

-Ted.

Chris Gerrard wrote:
Hi all,

Are there any plans to have organized discussions about the thinking towards Struts 2? WIll it happen on this list, or will there be a Wiki or something else?

I've been an avid follower of the discussions here, admit that many of them are beyond me, but would like to help out however I can as the opportunities arise, even if it's something as mundane as trying to distill out the various ideas people have had regarding how Struts should be in the future.

Chris

-- Ted Husted, Junit in Action - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>, Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>, JSP Site Design - <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1861005512>.