I think it is more than a 'preference' based on the rapidity with which
INVALID or WONTFIX is stamped on tag suggestions and patches.

Perhaps it would be best if the tags were cut loose from struts and a
different group of committers were responsible for them.  I wouldn't, nor
would I expect anyone else interested in the tags to make any time
commitment with the current 'RULES' placed on the tags, i.e. ONLY emit HTML
4.01 or XHMTL 1.0, only a 'thin' layer over standard html tags, etc.

Edgar