Many of the tags (basically those that have been implemented in struts-el)
are closely bound to Struts so I don't see that they belong anywhere else.
(Separate jar, yes. Separate cvs dir, probably). The remaining tags have a
limited shelf life, having been superseded by JSTL.

I'd also like to see a separate cvs & distribution of optional packages.

While I'd probably be in favour of Struts becoming a top level project, I
must confess I don't quite understand the criteria for becoming one. Having
Jakarta, XML, DB makes sense to me, but I don't get why Ant and Maven
warrant top level projects (build tools?) or Cocoon (surely that fits in
Jakarta?). If anyone has a clue, please let me know!

Having said that, if it's a question of visibility, Struts certainly
deserves to be recognized as a top level project and it would give us an
opportunity to reorganize the code base and get more people and related
projects on board.

Steve

p.s. Jakarta Faces (or would it be Struts Faces?) would be an interesting
subproject for a top level Struts. Then we'd be covering the V and the C.