--- Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Graham wrote:
> > Rob mentioned something about Struts being setup for Maven already and
> > asked for clarification.  If that's true then I see no point in
> > complicating things with another build tool.  Also, it seems that
> Maven in
> > some ways is a superset of Forrest functionality.  It handles the
> website
> > plus the jar builds.
> >
> > The more tools involved means it's harder to understand the build
> process
> > which limits the number of people willing to put up with it and work
> on
> > Struts.  My personal goal (and I hope the group's as well) is to have
> > *one* easy to use tool that builds all of Struts.  I don't care if
> this is
> > Ant, Maven, or Forrest as long as it's only one of them.
> >
> > David
>
> Yes, but the goals around here are achieved by people willing to do the
> work.

I agree with you but it would be nice to have some kind of consensus
around the direction the build is going.

I trust Don's judgement that Forrest is a good tool to use but I didn't
want the build to increase in complexity.  We can apparently plug Forrest
into a Maven build which I think is great.

There's only so much time we each have to spend on Struts.  I'd rather not
spend much time learning the build process.

David