Most of us have given (or at least hinted at) our opinions, so let's give a
show of hands:

Mavenization:
[X] +1 - I am in favor of using Maven for build/dist/test/etc.
[ ] +0 - I agree, but cannot help at this time.
[ ] -0 - I don't agree, but not enough to give a -1.
[ ] -1 - I am not in favor of using Maven for build/dist/test/etc.

Forrestization:
[X] +1 - I am in favor of using Forrest for site generation.
[ ] +0 - I agree, but cannot help at this time.
[ ] -0 - I don't agree, but not enough to give a -1.
[ ] -1 - I am not in favor of using Forrest for site generation.

Other:
[X] - I would like to pursue the Maven-with-Forrest-as-a-plugin idea.

(If I left out any, please add them)

One question I have about all this, (and please forgive me if I missed it in
any of the messages in this thread) how does using either approach affect
the generation of the .tld from our source?

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist