Steve Raeburn wrote:
> I'd like to add Maven now, learn from the experience on 1.x and then
> use that to optimize the project organization and build process for
> version 2.

If the people voting +1 are ready to roll up their collective sleeves and give Maven a try, then that would be fine with me. The missing piece has been someone saying "I'm ready to do Maven *now*".

My only concern is that Maven has not had a stable release. After ten betas, it has just published a RC1, but that's still shy of 1.0.

During the 1.1 incubation period, we withheld making a final release until all our dependent JARs were also in a final release state. But, since Maven is a production environment, and not a JAR teams would need to include in their own releases, this consideration might not apply.

So, if we would be able to ship a GA of Struts with a Maven Release Candidate, then I'm fine with whatever anyone wants to do.

But, if anyone is going to vote against a Struts GA on the grounds that Maven is prerelease, then we should wait until Maven hits 1.0.

I don't mind waiting on the Commons Validator, but I wouldn't want to wait on Maven.

-Ted.

Don Brown wrote: > I'm assuming a move to Maven is inevitable?

"You will be assimilated."