Ted Husted wrote:

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

Another thing Remy does for Tomcat (which I *really* appreciate) is keeps
a running change log (summary, not detailed) in the release notes for each
version. That way, everyone can get a quick summary of what's changed.

So, I'm working on one of these now for 1.1->1.2.0. I pulled the CVS log messages down in XML via Ant (with Don Brown's help), and I'm now looking at munging that into the format Tomcat is using.

Maven already creates a changelog for struts when a site:generate is performed.
I am sure it would also work with a sub-target just for changelog.