From: Robert H. Tran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 6:29 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Disadvantages of Struts?

I am not sure that is true. Struts seems to lack of an API. IMO, there are
more required configurations than necessary. Take Action for example, to
write an Action, one has to paddle back and forth between the code and the
configuration. It is like an executable having to configure each of its
dlls. The visibility of the mappings is nice to have but the mappings can
be generated after the fact as in a debugging view. When the application is
finished, configurations become static. But since configurations are
required, they will be like loose ends of the application. Another issue:
how can one componentize his code and deploy it in a self-contained plug-in,
as with Eclipse? Please forgive my novice.

- Robert.