Robert H. Tran wrote:

I just wonder if Struts comes with any significant drawback. I mean not in
terms of when to use Struts and when not to use it necessarily, but more in
the line of anyone's wishes that it had been better. Any advice is very
appreciated.

I battled initially to get my head around struts, as it was not clear enough to me exactly what the software did, and exactly what the software didn't do (which in turn answered the question "what do _I_ have to code to get something meaningful to work").

The second hassle I've had is with exceptions being caught and thrown away, especially in the DynaBean stuff - as a result I have an unpacked version of the struts code in my development tree, which is easy to access and amend in a debugger.

Struts is a bit like a swiss army knife, it does many diverse and very useful things as part of the greater goal: building a web app. It's just not all that clear as to exactly what it does sometimes. On the whole though, it's really useful - I have just had the opportunity to build a system from scratch (as opposed to retrofit struts to a previous disas^H^H^H^H^Hproject, yuck), and it has on the whole been an enormous timesaver, and really useful.

Regards,
Graham