Quoting James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> > If/when Struts becomes a TLP, I'm going to recommend that we do exactly
> what
> > Ant, James, and Maven (for example) did:
> >
> > * Maintain a link on the Jakarta home page under "Related"
> >
> > * Install a webserver redirect from <http://jakarta.apache.org/struts>
> >   to <http://struts.apache.org>.
>
> Is there anything holding us back from going TLP?
>
> I seem to remember only a few brief discussions on the dev list....and
> that was quite a ways back.

Presuming a positive vote from the committers, we'd have to make a formal
proposal to the ASF Board (like the Ant, Maven, ... communities did, so we can
use their proposals as a sample) and get it accepted.  Included in the proposal
would be things like who the PMC members would be, and who we'd suggest as the
PMC chairperson (because this person becomes an ASF officer, it has to be
appointed by the board).

The largest issue around preparing the proposal is likely to be a definition of
what the scope of the project will be.