Quoting Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> > Presuming a positive vote from the committers, we'd have to make a formal
> > proposal to the ASF Board (like the Ant, Maven, ... communities did, so we
> can
> > use their proposals as a sample) and get it accepted.  Included in the
> proposal
> > would be things like who the PMC members would be, and who we'd suggest as
> the
> > PMC chairperson (because this person becomes an ASF officer, it has to be
> > appointed by the board).
> >
> > The largest issue around preparing the proposal is likely to be a
> definition of
> > what the scope of the project will be.
>
> We could dodge the bullet and just follow Cocoon precedent: define the
> scope of Apache Struts to be Apache Struts :)

So, do we invite the non-Java implementations of the same concept in, or do we
say "nah, we're a Java project?"  I'm not personally much interested in the non
Java solutions, but a cross-language framework would be somewhat unusual.

Craig

http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2003/board_minutes_2003_01_22.txt

http://apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2002/board_minutes_2002_07_17.txt