Hi

This is a fundamental problem facing all web applications. Due to the
asynchronous nature of Web pages, it is almost impossible to establish if
the user is still "using" the application.

In the client/server world. the user session terminates/disconnects when
they close the application.

How do you implement this for web session? My application creates a new
session when the users log on, connects them to their database and store
their database connection handle to their session.

The problem is that I do not know when to terminate their database
connection. At present, my application terminates their connection when
their session times out, when they click on the logout button (which usually
never happens) or when the application gets shutdown.

I would be interested hear how people handles this especially if STRUTS have
any mechanism to cater for this type of situation.

TIA

Michael Mok
www.webappcabaret.com/teatimej