A lot of the work you will need to do to put together
a web based your own MVC framework will already have
been done for you if you use Struts.  A lot of people
have made contributions to the project and will
continue to do so.  Look at the plans for features to
be added for the Struts 1.1 release
(http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/todo-1.1.html).  You
have a large group of people debugging the system for
you too.  It is open source so you can always extend
and/or enhance Struts to do something that your
application needs.  Also you have the user group as a
resource to ask questions on how to do things and even
get source code that a user has create that enhances
Struts.  Ted Husted has links
(http://www.husted.com/about/struts) to Struts
resources (articles, JSP Tags/Source, example web
apps).

David Winterfeldt