I've thought about doing this, and let me know if I'm on the same track as you.

What I'd like to do is to stream XML from my Action class that builds all the
elements of my form - label, value, and control type (text, textarea, select) -
from my form bean.

Then an XSL stylesheet is applied (value held in bean as well) and walla, the
only thing that is static is the XSL stylesheet.

Is this similar to what you're trying to do?

Matt