Not that I am looking for a job (I am not), I have been working with struts
for the last 4 months and don't mind it.  I see it as a "poor mans" EJB.  I
have no EJB experience but I don't think transitioning over to EJB after
working with struts as a big deal.  After all, they both act on server-side
beans.  Yeah, EJB has entity beans and session beans but you can easily
simulate both of those types of beans using JSP/Struts/tomcat.  Since
there's a gazillion people on the planet now that know how to program in
Java, getting an EJB position will be next to impossible (I guess) if you
don't have EJB experience.  Companies now have so many available Java
programmers to pick and choose from and are in a position to require salary
cuts for existing Java programmers on staff due to the plethoria of Java
developers available to work who would be willing to work for less$    Being
a Java programmer is no longer an elite skill.   Now it's as common as
coding in Cobol once was  :-(   I have already read about the salaries of
Java programmers declining and I expect the trend to continue due to the bad
economy and the oversupply of qualified Java programmers in the market
place.  This is why so many companies can now demand specific product
experience with Java (ie, "if you don't have 1 year of Bea Weblogic
experience, see you later!!  Next person please...")...

SO back to the Struts vs EJB issue:
If one is comfortable with struts, how much more difficult would EJB be to
get comfortable with?

Also, seems like Struts is more useful for "smaller companies" and EJB is
more suitable for large corporations.  Is this pretty much a valid
statement?

thanks...