At 12:24 PM -0700 2002/07/23, Joe Barefoot wrote:
>That makes sense, I was wondering how it could handle it in a generic
>fashion.  I suppose it adds a row to the OJB_SEQ table for every table
>column that it has to autoincrement.
>
>I further suppose it could accomplish an auto-increment insert with a single
>DB call if they use a nested select from the OJB_SEQ table for the
>auto-increment column, followed by an update to the OJB_SEQ table to
>actually increment that column value, both statements executed as a single
>batch call.

OJB is pretty pluggable; you can specify an implementation class of a
SequenceManager interface which can take responsibility for assigning
primary keys.  You could make one that knows about your existing
sequences.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/ojb/sequencemanager.html>

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>