Here's my situation: I have a screen that contains a table of objects
(say the screen is displayed by "table.do"). There is a link on the
screen that causes a new object to be created by a Struts action (call
it "create.do?key=NN"). The action forwards back to "table.do". If the
creation was successful, the table should now show the list of objects
with the newly-created one added. If the creation failed, the table
should display along with an error message.

Here's my problem: when the "Create" link is clinked, the Action that
does the work needs to do a redirect forward to "table.do". Otherwise
you end up with "create.do?key=NN" in the browser location bar, and if
the user then does a refresh on the table screen, instead of refreshing
table.do the browser attempts to refresh create.do, which is wrong. The
redirect solves this problem, except for error cases. If creation fails,
I want to display an error message on the table screen. But all
ActionErrors associated with the request are lost when I redirect.

Any workarounds?