Sorry guys... for not responding earlier.

Eddie and I were discussing this very topic a while back and as Craig
mentioned, this should be relatively painless given the pluggable
architecture.

Well, I had a couple ideas for enhancing the usefulness of any particular
MessageResources implementation.  One idea I had was to add the ability to
replace text using values from within the same file much like you might do
in a build.xml script.

Example:
global.application.name=James' Really Cool Web Application
global.company.name=Open-Tools.org
global.application.copyright=Copyright 2002 {global.company.name}

footer.label={global.application.name}<br>{global.application.copyright}

...instead of "knowing ahead of time to use {0} with global.application.name
in your code.

Also, I'm not sure how many passes I would make over the list, you certainly
wouldn't want a circular reference.  I know if you forward tiles to an
action which forwards to the same (or an including) tile, it will loop a few
times before it detects and moves on (I'm shamefully embarrassed to admit
that I actually did this once ;)

Anyway, I've been searching for my Master-Wish-List that has this idea and a
few others in it.  Can't seem to find it on my laptop.  I'll send you more
stuff later.  Also let me know if you want help getting a
JDBCMessageResources using OJB rolling.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta