James Mitchell wrote:

>Sorry guys... for not responding earlier.

<super-mega-snip/>

Sorry I should have filled you in, James.  I forwarded him the relevant
part of your discussion.

>Also, I'm not sure how many passes I would make over the list, you certainly
>wouldn't want a circular reference.

<snip>

Since we're talking about a database here:

Yes, you'd want to avoid circular references.  However, I wouldn't think
it would take more than a single pass through the view to churn out all
of your resources.  If you used the key as ... *drum roll* ... the key,
you could just look it up out of the database.  That's just my initial
impression ...

>Anyway, I've been searching for my Master-Wish-List that has this idea and a
>few others in it.  Can't seem to find it on my laptop.  I'll send you more
>stuff later.  Also let me know if you want help getting a
>JDBCMessageResources using OJB rolling.

<snip>

I don't know how helpful that would be.  I love it for a persistence
framework, but it seems like it might possibly be (mega-)over-kill for
this task.  Although!  ... that would certainly take away any confusion
about what the table/field names were (just map your classes to your
tables)!  The down-side would be that, not only would you have to
instantiate your bundle, but you'd also have to instantiate an object
for *every single* key/value pair (that got used).

Regards,

Eddie