Well, I was thinking something more abstract.  You shouldn't rely on being
able to have a key (in the JDBC sense).  After all, the storage might be a
single table like this:

key                en           en_US      fr
---------          -------      ---------- --------------
global.title       Something    (null)     quelque chose

...or it could be a very complicated structure based off of a "previously
data driven ASP site" with a simple view giving you your info.

> >Anyway, I've been searching for my Master-Wish-List that has
> this idea and a
> >few others in it.  Can't seem to find it on my laptop.  I'll
> send you more
> >stuff later.  Also let me know if you want help getting a
> >JDBCMessageResources using OJB rolling.
> >
> <snip>
>
> I don't know how helpful that would be.  I love it for a persistence
> framework, but it seems like it might possibly be (mega-)over-kill for
> this task.  Although!  ... that would certainly take away any confusion
> about what the table/field names were (just map your classes to your
> tables)!  The down-side would be that, not only would you have to
> instantiate your bundle, but you'd also have to instantiate an object
> for *every single* key/value pair (that got used).
>
> Regards,
>
> Eddie

Another interesting twist -- what if you are using data from the resource
bundle to make your connectin to the database?  and now you are wanting to
use JDBCMessageResources....hmmmmm.

What if you rely on another plugin as your persistence layer?
How would ensure that it gets called first?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta