We are finding Jaxen and Dom4j a quite effective match with XPath.  We
are using it for handling tree menus with having an action just pass
back xml where the JSP checks the request header to see if the
transformation can be done client side, else we pass it through JSTL
tags server side.  We will probably end up doing the same for other
pages.

Even our Realm (Security) implementation uses all XML and XPath to
handle complex role management.

XML Rox!

-Jacob

JSPs,
| looks up a different XSLT for display based upon the action class
being
| requested ... and instead of having to pass all your data to the
| presentation servlet in beans ... you just transform your XML data
using
| that XSLT.  Seems to achieve the same goals and architecturally
removes a
| layer if you're going to use XML at all.  (Just servlet and XSL
instead of
| Servlet, JSP, and XSL).
|
| ??????
|
| Any thoughts??